Friday, July 22, 2011

Life in South Carolina - the land of Cockroaches

I had an interview on June 29th with McLeod Health for a clinical dietitian position. I got all dressed up in my business pant-suit and gave it my all. It went very well and I really want to work there! I will know by the end of July if I get the job. I just got everything put away at Dan's apartment. It took 17 days for my stuff to get here via U-Box. Every now and then I study for the RD Exam....that's right...its not completely over until I pass the exam and become a Registered Dietitian. I have lots of studying ahead of me.

Dan and I went to Surfside Beach for 4th of July weekend. We had a nice ocean-view room. The beach was crazy-busy! People went out there early in the morning to set up their beach chairs and umbrellas and reserve a spot. We got up to watch the sunrise both days and had tons of fun drinking on the beach, body surfing, skim boarding, and eating at yummy restaurants. I watched Dan fire off some fireworks on the beach from a life guard chair. The wind was crazy. The fireworks were cool, but Dan got some minor burn injuries.

It is very hot and humid here. Every day is curly-hair-day. So far, I like this little city called Florence. It has all the stores and restaurants that a big city would. I don't miss the Dallas traffic at all.

One Friday night Dan and I went to Chuck e Cheese to have pizza and play the games. That same Saturday we went to the Carowinds amusement/water park on the North/South Carolina border with Dan's friends to hit up some roller coasters and water slides.

We got a fish and named him Floyd...he's not as active and friendly as Lloyd was, but he'll have to do.

Surfside Beach, SC
Sunset dinner
Skim boarding
A festive Red, White, and Blue drink
After lighting fireworks on the beach
Floyd

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amber,
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blogs about Surfside Beach to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete