Thursday, April 28, 2011

Long Term Acute Care at Kindred White Rock and Kindred Dallas

4/11/11-4/15/11
I was at Kindred White Rock and Kindred Dallas Hospitals two weeks ago, only this time instead of focusing on nutrition support, I did follow-ups and assessments on all types of patients. I monitored patients' lab values, blood sugar, and diet tolerance. Many of the patients are there for wound care. I saw some pretty scary looking wounds. A dietitian plays an important part in the healing of wounds by making sure the patient gets proper nutrition.
Thursday afternoon us interns had a class to learn about our strengths, writing cover letters, and writing resumes. My resume needs some work. I brought some Maple Coffee Cake and Alyssa brought some Black Bean Brownies for treats. After class, Megan and I went to White Rock Lake to go for a walk, but we decided to go kayaking instead. It was a very windy day! We paddled down the river for a while then turned around and attempted to go against the waves. It ended up being a very wet ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment