Saturday, June 11, 2011

Clinical Staffing - Week 1 - Oncology/Neurology

5/31/11-6/3/11
This week was only four days because of the holiday. I spent my first week of clinical staffing feeling comfortable with the Presby computer programs again. It had been a while since I had a rotation there. The idea of clinical staffing is to literally do the job of the dietitian by performing all of their job duties. I attended rounds and meetings and saw all but one or two patients each day. I'm sure in my last two weeks of staffing I will be seeing 100% of the patients. I noticed how much I improved since the first time I was with the same dietitian back in November. It used to take me all day to do one or two patients, now I can do six or seven. It was a great experience! I stayed at the hospital most nights to work on my case study presentation. On Thursday the first two girls presented their case studies.
On Friday afternoon there was a going away party for Kristi with some really good chocolaty cake. When I got home Friday my apartment was all decorated for Megan's bachelorette party. I hosted a party for Megan with all the interns and her friends. The menu was amazing! Jalapeno-cheddar slider burgers, veggies, Velveeta cheese dip, noodle salad, red-velvet cupcakes, Wisconsin cheese, and Flirtinis. We ate, opened some gifts, then went out in Uptown Dallas to the Penguin Dueling Piano Bar and then to a dance club.


Engagement Ring Red-Velvet cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting



Anna, Megan, and I
On Saturday we woke up late and ate leftovers and wine spritzers then went to the Village Country Club pool party for the afternoon. That night, Kristi hosted a fun "Clean Out the Freezer" party. She made burgers, ribs, and sausage and then the interns brought appetizers. After eating, all of us played Catch Phrase, which is something else I have improved at, no one wanted me on their team. I was very happy to be on the winning team =) Sunday I worked on my case study for most of the day.


Clean Out the Freezer Party at Kristi's


No comments:

Post a Comment